ALPHARETTA, Ga., April 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — 2Checkout (now Verifone), the leading all-in-one monetization platform for global businesses, today released its 2021 Benchmark Report on Digital Commerce Trends in global online sales of software, SaaS, digital goods, and online services. The benchmark is based on transactions moving through 2Checkout’s digital commerce platform during the 2020 pandemic year. 2Checkout continuously tracks trends and statistics, empowering merchants to make better business decisions.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has clearly impacted online sales of digital goods, with considerable increases across countries and product categories
- Average order value across all merchants selling digital goods reached an all-time high, at $65, up $9 over 2019
- Security software continued to top the charts for the most popular category
- Subscriptions purchases expanded, claiming 79% of total online sales of digital goods and services, a 2% increase over 2019
- Payment method preferences Visa and Mastercard continued to lead at the global level, with local options gaining traction in several markets
Key trends from the report include:
- Increases among top countries – The 2Checkout top 10 countries by sales volume were identical to 2019, although in a slightly different order. United States maintained its lead in online sales of software, SaaS, and online services, with 46% of sales worldwide, followed by the UK, with Germany claiming the…