Visual content is one of the most effective ways to reach and resonate with your target audience. As humans, we’re hardwired to absorb and recall visual information much more rapidly than text-based content.
The stats back this up: a recent MIT study found that we can correctly identify entire images after viewing them for less than 13 milliseconds.
It’s no wonder that more marketers are harnessing the power of effective visual marketing to boost engagement, inspire brand loyalty and boost conversations on all digital platforms (particularly social media).
But the key to visual marketing success is to understand how to use visual marketing effectively.
In this blog, we’ll reveal our top visual marketing tips, including:
- Hand picking the best media format to suit your message
- Serving the right message at the right time
- Crafting content that solves your audiences’ problems
- Using bespoke imagery to stand out from the crowd
- Being consistent with your visual identity
- Understanding how to design engaging visual content
- Playing with text and imagery in your visual content
- Optimising your video content to perform on social media
- Turning your data into visual content
- Leading with storytelling, not sales
- Measuring and tracking your success
Why is effective visual marketing important?
In a nutshell, visual marketing is the strategic use of visuals such as videos, imagery, graphics, GIFs and more to tell a story, draw on emotions and spark meaningful connections with your audience.