LONDON, April 30, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Tekcapital Plc (AIM: TEK),(OTCQB: TEKCF), the UK intellectual property (IP) investment group focused on creating valuable products from investing in university technologies that can improve the quality of life, announces its audited results for the year ended 30 November 2020.
- Net Assets increased 45% to US$32.7m, a record level (2019: US$22.5m)
– NAV per share US$0.35 (2019: US$0.35)
- Portfolio valuation increased 50% to US$30.5m (2019: US$20.3m)
- Total revenue US$9.9m (2019: US$7.7m)
– Revenue from services US$1.19m (2019: US$1.20m)
– Net increase of US$8.7m in fair value of portfolio companies (2019: US$6.5m)
- Profit after tax: US$7.7m (2019: US$5.5m)
- Service revenues cover approximately 54% of cost base (cost of sales and operating expenses)
- Share placings totalling US$2.6m completed during the period, plus an additional raise of US$5.3m completed post-period end.
Operational highlights: Material Portfolio Companies
Salarius® Limited (“Salarius”) (97.2% ownership) www.salarius.co
Salarius Ltd manufactures MicroSalt®, a new, patented, all natural, non-GMO, Kosher, low-sodium salt that tastes great and has half of the sodium of regular table salt.
The snack food industry is focused on developing and providing “better for you” products that both taste good and help reduce sodium intake. The reason for this is that excess sodium consumption contributes to…