This week in Diamond Shavings: Diamond Foundry’s eye-popping valuation. How Instagram helped nail a group of jewel thieves. And something about Godzilla, a jeweler, and a piece of rice. All below.
Our five favorite Oscar jewelry looks.
As new COVID-19 crisis hits India, gem industry carries on.
– Donate to industry COVID-19 relief campaign.
Money, Money, Money
– Diamond Foundry valued at $1.8 billion after $200 million funding campaign.
– Jewelry rental club raises $26 million.
– Banks tie Pandora’s loan to sustainability targets.
– Greenland Ruby gets $18 million in financing.
Why an ad watchdog warned the Natural Diamond Council.
– Diamond disruption doesn’t have to be a “zero-sum game.”
Diamond sector in full recovery mode.
National Jeweler looks at issues tracing diamonds.
Is it possible to buy a sustainable engagement ring?
De Beers overtakes Newmont in standards of economic, social governance.
Debswana to inject $6 billion into underground mining at Jwaneng.
Will Richemont’s reinvention work?
Luxury experts discuss “myths and realities” of digital transformation.
Tiffany introduces men’s engagement ring.
Can we trust diamond grading reports?
Arrests made in first jeweler homicide of 2021.
How Instagram helped the FBI bust a group of smash-and-grab jewel thieves.
Head of diamond investment firm probed.
The curious case of the Miami jewelry designer who sold medical supplies to…