WEST LIBERTY, W.Va., May 5, 2021 — For the second consecutive spring, the Gary E. West College of Business celebrated the excellence of its students with a pandemic-safe, virtual awards ceremony streamed live and archived by Topper Station, WLU’s streaming platform.
President W. Franklin Evans greeted guests and participants to the event in a message that stressed the value of the accomplishments of the students and congratulated them on a job well done.
“Our College of Business ranks among the best in the nation and this is just an indication of the greatness here at West Liberty University,” Evans added.
Dean Greg Chase also spoke and welcomed guests and students to the ceremony adding that it is the hope that next spring the Honors Ceremony will once again be live.
The following 12 scholarships were awarded to these students:
- Peter M. and Jingsi Sontag Scholarship, incoming first year student Grant Vargo, West Liberty, W.Va.
- Bill Dolan Scholarship, Andrew Kent, Wheeling, W.Va.
- Robert Godfrey Scholarship, Sierra Aniballi, Greensburg, Pa. and Mary Hicks, Wellsburg, W.Va.
- Thomas J. Babb Scholarship, Anna Musap, Shelby Imer, both from Wheeling, W.Va. and Lewis Yoho, Moundsville, W.Va.
- George and Mildred Polak Scholarship, Taylor Newkirk, Bridgeport, Ohio
- Shimp Brothers incoming first year student Logan C. Burkett, Moundsville, W.Va.
- Kenneth and William Wright Scholarship, Meghan Murphy, Wheeling, W.Va.
- Zeno, Pockl, Lilly, and Copeland Accounting Scholarship, Katelyn Blair,…