Competitor analysis is a key element in any effective digital marketing approach, providing insight into how your competitors have addressed similar marketing challenges to your own, and what’s worked (and what hasn’t) within their process.
Analyzing your competitors can help you better position your products and services within a specific niche, or compete head-to-head with messaging that plays to your strengths. And if you want to maximize your marketing, performing a competitor analysis is essential whenever you launch a new product or enter into a new market space, industry, or vertical.
In this post, I’ll go over six key elements of competitor analysis that will help your marketing efforts win out.
What to Look at and Tools to Use
But first off, in order to effectively analyze your competitors’ digital marketing performance, you need the right tools.
Within this, you need apps which will:
- Examine website traffic, traffic growth, backlinks and their most popular pages
- Analyze content on their website, blog, as well as what they publish on social channels
- Provide an overview of their ad content on both search engines and social networks
- Highlight keywords on their website, in their content, and used with their campaigns
Some great, powerful tools that cover these elements are:
- SEMRush – For SEO and website audit, backlink, and keyword research. SEMRush also offers traffic analysis and competitive intelligence add-ons that enable you to perform much…