Advertising Standards Council of India (ASCI) General Secretary Manisha Kapoor has been appointed to the executive committee of the International Council for Advertising Self-Regulation (ICAS). She will be one of the four vice-presidents on the executive committee. Set up by the European Advertising Standards Alliance in 2008, ICAS is a global platform of self-regulatory organisations (SROs).
Until April this year, ASCI served on the executive committee as a member for a two-year term. Now, Kapoor will play a leadership role on the committee till 2023.
In her role as part of the ICAS leadership team, Manisha will take forward the agenda of self-regulation globally. Some priority areas of ICAS for the next couple of years are:
- To promote advertising self-regulation as an optimal mechanism for consumer protection
- To strengthen ICAS as a global alliance
- To facilitate knowledge sharing among SROs to establish best practices
- To support emerging SROs across the globe
- To monitor global trends in the advertising ecosystem that impact self-regulation
- Work closely with established and emerging digital platforms to make the online space more transparent and fairer for consumers
Kapoor said “This appointment is a recognition of ASCI’s growing global standing and influence in the narrative of responsible advertising, as well as the importance of Indian advertising industry itself at a global level. This offers us…