OPINION: Content marketing is nothing new. The concept has been around a while, but the words are often bandied about as a complex marketing strategy. The truth is, it’s about good old-fashioned storytelling, with one key difference.
You have to deliver value.
It’s about connection
Great storytelling is about connection. It engages you from start to finish. Building your interest with each paragraph and creating value – whether that’s helping, inspiring or entertaining you.
* Four ways to incorporate LinkedIn into your marketing strategy
* Why case studies should be part of your marketing strategy
* Building a services website that sells
* Why your company profile needs to be all about your client
* Thinking like a publisher key to engaging brand content
* Brand purpose: your gold nugget that drives everything
For businesses, developing content (aka “stories”) is a great way to build connection, familiarity, trust and empathy with your target audiences. It enables you to tell deeper, more meaningful stories that convey your brand ethos and the value you have to offer your customers or stakeholders. That drives future sales and engagement.
Yes – it’s a way of advertising what you do. But it’s not a hard sell. And unlike traditional paid media, it doesn’t come with space…