- You can send
read receiptson Gmailif you have a work or school Gmail account.
- If your administrator requires it, you may have to manually approve read receipts sent to you.
- There are also third-party options if you can’t access the built-in read receipts feature in Gmail.
Sometimes you have to know for sure that your email has been received. That’s when read receipts come in handy. If you have Gmail, you may have access to the read receipts feature.
However, be aware that unless you have a work or school account that’s set up by an administrator, you won’t have access to this built-in tool. That said, there are third-party options that you may use instead.
Here’s how to request and return read receipts in Gmail.
How to request a read receipt on Gmail
1. Go into your Gmail account.
2. Click Compose, located toward the top-left corner of the window.
3. Write your email.
4. Click the down-caret, located in the bottom-right corner of the draft, and choose Request read receipt.
5. Hit Send.
How to return a read receipt on Gmail
Sometimes a read receipt will automatically go out to the sender when you open an email. But if your administrator requires you to approve read receipts, you’ll have to approve them manually. Here’s how:
1. Go into your Gmail account and open the email with the read…